Part 1 - Case Presentation
Welcome to the inaugural episode of the AML Clinical Case Series on The Doctor’s Channel!
Gabriel N. Mannis, MD, presents the case of patient “F.M.” to fellow faculty members Brian A. Jonas, MD, PhD, FACP, and Daniel A. Pollyea, MD, MS. The virtual roundtable panel discusses unique features of the case and explores hypothetical variations of the circumstances, as well as offering insights into how the latest data from clinical trials may impact the future of treatment for patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
Brian A. Jonas, MD, PhD, FACP
Consulting Fees: AbbVie, Genentech, GlycoMimetics, Jazz, Takeda
Contracted Research: 47, AbbVie, Amgen, AROG, Celgene, Daiichi-Sankyo, Forma, Genentech/Roche, GMI, Hanmi, Jazz, Pfizer, PCYC
Travel Reimbursement: AbbVie
Gabriel N. Mannis, MD
Consulting Fees: AbbVie, Agios, BMS/Celgene, Genentech, Pfizer
Contracted Research: Gilead/Forty Seven, Glycomimetics, Jazz
Daniel A. Pollyea, MD, MS
Consulting Fees: Celgene, Abbvie, Genentech, Novartis, Karyopharm, Syndax, BMS
Other: Takeda, Syros, Kiadis, Foghorn, Aprea, Gilead, Amgen, Astellas
- DiNardo CD, Stein EM, de Botton S, Roboz GJ, Altman JK, et al. Durable remissions with Ivosidenib in IDH1-mutated relapsed or refractory AML. N Engl J Med. 2018 Jun 21;378(25):2386-2398. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1716984. Epub 2018 Jun 2. PMID: 29860938.
- DiNardo CD, Jonas BA, Pullarkat V, Thirman MJ, Garcia JS, et al. Azacitidine and venetoclax in previously untreated acute myeloid leukemia. N Engl J Med. 2020 Aug 13;383(7):617-629. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa2012971. PMID: 32786187.
- Ibrahim Aldoss, Dongyun Yang, Ahmed Aribi, Haris Ali, Karamjeet Sandhu, et al. Efficacy of the combination of venetoclax and hypomethylating agents in relapsed/refractory acute myeloid leukemia. Haematologica. 2018 Sep; 103(9): e404–e407. doi: 10.3324/haematol.2018.188094. PMCID: PMC6119155.
- ASH 2020 MLL-menin inhibitor abstract: https://ash.confex.com/ash/2020/webprogram/Paper134942.html
- ASH 2020 Flotetuzumab abstract: https://ash.confex.com/ash/2020/webprogram/Paper134576.html