5 Things You Should Know About MERS
According to the WHO, 571 cases of MERS, including 2 in the United States, have been confirmed. CNN News reports that there are 5 things you need to know about MERS:
1. It’s a coronavirus: MERS is in the same family as SARS. It attacks the respiratory symptom and includes symptoms such as fever and cough which could lead to kidney failure.
2. Researchers are unaware of how MERS spreads.
3. MERS is linked to animals such as camels and bats.
4. MERS may have a seasonal pattern, with most outbreaks in the spring.
5. Although there are treatments for the symptoms of MERS, such as fever or coughing, there is no treatment or vaccine for the disease itself.
Read the article published by CNN News.