Several papers describing research into the screening and management of breast cancer patients were presented today at the meeting.
Key Late-Breaking Clinical Trials Covered:
• Lapatinib vs Trastuzumab in Combination with Neoadjuvant Anthracycline-Taxane-Based Chemotherapy: Primary Efficacy Endpoint Analysis of the GEPARQUINTO STUDY (GBG 44)
• Neoadjuvant Pertuzumab (P) and Trastuzumab (H): Antitumor and Safety Analysis of a Randomized Phase II Study (‘NeoSphere’)
• First Results of the NeoALTTO Trial (BIG 01-06/EGF 106903): A Phase III, Randomized, Open Label, Neoadjuvant Study of Lapatinib, Trastuzumab, and Their Combination Plus Paclitaxel in Women with HER2-Positive Primary Breast Cancer
Highlighted in the video is expert commentary from leaders in breast cancer including:
• Michael Untch, MD, PhD, Head, Clinic for Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, and Obstetrics, Head, Breast Interdisciplinary Cancer Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Academic Hospital of the University of Charité Berlin
• Luca Gianni, MD, Director, Medical Oncology, Fondazione IRCSS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori di Milano
• José Baselga, MD, PhD, Chief, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Associate Director, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
For more information from SABCS 2010, please click here: SABCS 2010.