Our third daily wrap-up features highlights from the key late breaking trials, and some of the most interesting abstracts presented at the meeting.
Key Late-Breaking Clinical Trials Covered:
• GRAVITAS Trial – Standard versus high dose clopidogrel according to platelet function testing after PCI
• TAMARIS Trial – NV1FGF gene therapy on amputation-free survival in critical limb ischemia – Phase 3 randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial
• BASKET PROVE Trial – Late cardiac death and MI associated with late stent thrombosis in large vessel stenting after 1st and 2nd generation drug-eluting compared to bare-metal stents
• ACT Trial – Evaluated acetylcysteine for the prevention of contrast-induced nephropathy
Highlighted in the video is expert commentary from leaders in cardiology including:
• Matthew Price, MD – Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Scripps Clinic; Assistant Professor, Scripps Translational Science Institute
• William R. Hiatt, MD – Novartis Foundation Endowed Professor for Cardiovascular Research, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine
• Marco Valgimigli, MD, PhD – Director, Cath Lab at Azienda Ospedialiero, University of Ferrera, Italy
• Otavio Berwanger, MD, PhD – Director, Research Institute, Hospital do Coração, Sao Paulo, Brazil
• Clyde Yancy, MD, FACC, FAHA, MACP – Medical Director, Baylor Heart and Vascular Institute
• Christopher B. Granger, MD – Professor of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center
• Sarwat Chaudhry, MD – Assistant Professor of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine
Check back tomorrow for AHA Scientific Sessions Meetings in Minutes – Day 4.