Our first day wrap-up features highlights from the presidential address, the key late breaking trials, and some of the most interesting abstracts presented at the meeting.
Highlighting the video is expert commentary from leaders in cardiology including:
- Clyde Yancy, MD – AHA Immediate Past President
- Mariell Jessup, MD – AHA Scientific Session Committee Chair
- Elliott Antman, MD – AHA Scientific Session Committee Vice Chair
- Faiez Zannad, MD, PhD
Key Late-Breaking Clinical Trials Covered:
- RAFT Trial – Resynchronization/defibrillation for Ambulatory Heart-Failure Trial
- ADVANCE Study – Evaluation of the HeartWare (R) HVAD Left Ventricular Assist Device System for the Treatment of Advanced Heart Failure
- EMPHASIS-HF – Epleronone in Mild Patients Hospitalization And Survival Study in Heart Failure
- ASCEND-HF – Acute Study of Clinical Effectiveness of Nesiritide in Decompensated Heart Failure Trial
Check back tomorrow for AHA Scientific Sessions Meetings in Minutes – Day 2.
Brought to you by Modern Medicine and The Doctor’s Channel